When a medical emergency occurs, such as a car accident or a heart attack. The price of an ambulance or medical air transport should not be the first concern for anyone. But the sad truth is that many patients will avoid asking for emergency transport because they are worried about the cost. Instead, they will opt to use the Uber APP for a taxi ride. Or ask a family member to come home from work and drive them to the hospital. This phenomenon has emerged and many medical experts recommend Replacing Medical Transportation With Telemedicine Equipment.
1. Telemedicine Equipment Avoids The High Cost of Medical Air Transport
The cost of medical air transport can be prohibitive. In addition to the cost of the flight (usually split between take-off and per-mile fuel costs), patients must pay for any special medical configurations or equipment on the aircraft. They’re also paying for the 24/7 availability of the pilot and medical personnel and the actual medical services rendered. All of this adds up to a significant amount of money.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this problem: use Telemedicine Equipment. While telemedicine is not suitable for every medical emergency, it can bring immediate care to many patients.
Without having to airlift them to a distant hospital, it reduces costs and improves outcomes.
2. WODWIN’s Telemedicine Equipment
Petroleum giant Petrobras dramatically lowered costs by avoiding urgent helicopter medical air transport evacuations for their offshore rig workers in Brazil. Petrobras works with Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein to provide telemedicine care for their rig workers. After 965 telemedicine visits using WODWIN’s WIN-J91AF POE IP Camera. They were able to avoid a helicopter ride for 93.2% of patients, while the majority of the remaining 6.8% required non-urgent (and less costly) flights.
WODWIN’s Vídeo Camara is a Telemedicine Equipment developed specifically to advance the telemedicine industry. This POE IP Camera supports powered use through a single Ethernet cable. The Vídeo Camara’s SDI video output interface ensures picture stability during telemedicine video conferencing.
In our age of rising costs and barriers to care, Telemedicine Equipment can open the door to care when patients need it most. If you would like to find out more about Replacing Medical Transportation With Telemedicine Equipment. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.